The eighth Graduate Forum ceremony of the James P. Grant School of Public Health was held on January 20, 2013 at Sasakawa Auditorium, icddr,b, Dhaka on the occasion of the successful completion of the Eighth MPH Programme.
The graduates’ forum marks the end of our year-long master of public health program which began in January of last year. It is a day of celebration for the students, the faculty and the school. Professor Ainun Nishat, Vice Chacellor of BRAC University was present on the occasion as the Chief Guest with Dr. Timothy Grant Evans, Dean of JPGSPH as the chair. Dr. Mushtaque Chowdhury, Vice Chairperson of BRAC and Dr. Abbas Bhuiya, Interim Executive Director of icddr,b were also present as Special guests. Dr. Jon Rohde, an international public health expert, delivered an inspiring key-note speech on contemporary public health. Dr. Sabina Faiz Rashid, Professor and Associate Dean, JPGSPH introduced the best MPH dissertations by the students. In this forum, five graduating students made presentations based on their dissertations and students with outstanding performance received awards.
Awards for the students were:
1. Allan Rosenfield Award for Best Overall Performance: Mirak Raj Angdembe
2. Sir Fazle Hasan Abed Award for Leadership: Sayed Obaidullah Sadat
3. W.B. Greenough III Award for Best Dissertation: Mirak Raj Angdembe
4. Richard Cash Award for Best Poster: Fatima Durrani Shah
5. Richard Cash Award for Best Poster: Win Htike
6. Richard Cash Award for Best Poster: Kyaw Zayar Aung
Awards for Faculties and Teaching Fellows:
1. Begum Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain Teaching Excellence Award: Professor Alayne M. Adams
2. Begum Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain Teaching Fellow Award: Anuradha Hashemi
Total 36 students have passed this year among which 19 were international and 17 were national students.