Admission of Diploma in Midwifery Program:

The specific criteria for interested candidates are as following:

  • Must have completed 12 years of education (completed HSC or equivalent) with minimum 2.5 CGPA both in SSC and HSC examinations with the other criteria as per government admission process.
  • Maximum age limit 22 years.
  • Written test and qualify in the interview.
  • Must be a female.
  • Must be committed to serve her community upon successful completion of the 3-year Diploma in Midwifery programme.

Scholarships:

The total cost (tuition, accommodations, meals, course materials and supplies, local transportation to and from clinical and community sites and a monthly stipend) of educating each Diploma in Midwifery student over the 3 years of the program amounts to over BDT 6,85,000. 

However, from January 2018 the Diploma in Midwifery Programme of JPGSPH, BRAC University is able to offer scholarships to 30% enrolled students in line with its commitment to increase access to higher education, especially for students from disadvantaged communities. On the other hand, rest of 70% students will pay only 25% cost of their total costs and 75% of costs will be borne by the project.

Seven Academic Sites contact details:

Dhaka Urban Academic Site

Ms. Azmira Begum 
Project Manager
Developing Midwives Project
Dhaka Urban Academic Site
OGSB Hospital Building (4th Floor),
Mirpur - 13, Dhaka 1216.
Mobile: +8801777753146

OR

Mr. Kazi Md. Abu Yusuf
Admin Cum Procurement Officer
DMP, JPGSPH, BRAC University
5th Floor, (Level-6), icddr,b Building
68 Shahid Tajuddin Ahmed Sharani, Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh.
Phone: +880-2-9827501 - 4 Extension – 6012
Mobile: +880-1726260726
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hope Foundation Academic Site, Cox’s Bazar
Commander S M Ferdousuzzaman, psc (retd.)
Country Director
Hope Foundation
South Mitha Chori, Ramu,
Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile : +8801879487372

LAMB Academic Site, Dinajpur
Ms. Smita Hasdak
Training Director
Lutheran Aid to Medicine in Bangladesh (LAMB)
P.O. Parbatipur,
Dinajpur - 5250, Bangladesh.
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile phone: +8801718-189187

PHD Academic Site, Khulna
Ms. Sherin Afroza
Project Manager
Developing Midwives Project
Partners in Health and Development (PHD)
47, Moddha Para, AlamNagar, Khalishpur,
Khulna, Bangladesh.
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile phone: +8801712 230 486

GBC- CHP Academic Site, Mymensingh
Mr. Paul Suresh Bonway
Project Manager
Developing Midwives Project
Garo-Baptist Convention- Christian Health Project (GBC-CHP)
Christian Hospital, Joyramkura, Haluaghat,
Mymensingh, Bangladesh
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile phone: +8801715 430 840

FIVDB Academic Site, Sylhet
Mr. Zahid Hossain
Director/Project Manager
Developing Midwives Project
Friends in Village Development Bangladesh (FIVDB)
Charima Training Center
Pollo Gram, Khadim Nagar,
Sylhet, Bangladesh.
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile phone: +8801789444265

SIMANTIK Academic Site, Sylhet
Dr. SM Rohul Amin
Project Manager
Developing Midwives Project
Shimantik
House # 143, Road# 04, Block# E,
Shahjalal Upashahor,
Sylhet, Bangladesh.
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile phone: +8801712 277 628